Town, first mentioned in the year 1263. In the 14th century the village obtained status of town. The main expansion see the town thanks mining of ore. In the year 1640 was the town burned up by Swedish army. Important architectonic buildings are former baroque town-hall from 17th century and old post office, which was built in 1698 in Netherlandisch Baroque style.